Friday 3 April 2015

Project update

Project Switch
Project Progress: Stack-less Just in time compiler
This is an update about my project progress in SPO600, an area to work on has been found!

Sljit

After my previous post I began talking to one of the developers of sljit about contributing to the project. He was very helpful and after some talk of what would be a good area for me we settled on one. This area involves offering more floating point registers on arm or x86. Currently the sljit compiler only has 6 registers available for floating point operations on all cpus but could offer more if the cpu has more available. This will require me to save and restore floating point registers and also modify which registers get used as temporary floating point registers through register mapping.

Moving forward

For now I will be looking at all this in more detail will provide a more detailed update in the future. I am really glad that I finally have a solid direction to go in and I look forward to contributing to this project.
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment